Monday 27 October 2014

The Golden Joysticks

The Golden Joy Sticks, for those that don’t know, are the only ‘official’ annual awards as voted for by gamers!
Below is a list of the winners (taken fromhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29758242):

Lifetime achievement: Hideo Kojima
Game of the year: Dark Souls II
Best original game: DayZ
Best online game: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Best storytelling: The Last of Us: Left Behind
Best visual design: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Best audio: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Most played game of the year: Rust
Best multiplayer: Battlefield 4
Best indie game: DayZ
Innovation of the year: Oculus Rift DK2
Best gaming moment: The Last of Us: Left Behind - "The kiss"
Best handheld game: Pokemon X & Y
Best mobile game: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Most wanted: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
Gaming personality of the year: PewDiePie
Studio of the year: Ubisoft Montreal
Gaming platform of the year: Steam

Do you agree with the list above?

I totally agree with Hideo Kojima getting a lifetime achievement award. His work on MGS alone is enough to earn this but add this to his work on Castlevania too, it is a worthy acknowledgement! Just looking at MGS, it is a franchise that has survived the test of time, with each new instalment providing something different to keep the franchise fresh. In honour of this I’m going to be doing a post about the MGS series and how it affected me as a gamer!

Battlefield 4 winning best multiplayer is a hell of an achievement considering the trouble it went through when it was first released and the subsequent DLC that followed. Don’t get me wrong, Battlefield is a worthy winner of this award because right now I can’t think of a better Multiplayer, everything released since I’ve compared to how much I enjoy battlefield and nothing has come close. It is one of the only games I’ve been willing to buy the season pass from Day one because I knew how much I would be playing it and I can see me playing it for at least another 12 months!

Shame to say that’s about all I can comment on the above list as I haven’t had much experience with the other games… what does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment